Sadly, oral cancer is one of the most debilitating forms of cancer. When you visit your dentist in Burke for your regular hygiene appointment, you will receive a full oral cancer screening, which will find any concerns in your mouth. If any early signs of oral cancers are detected, Dr. McMillan will act accordingly to save your life. What puts you at risk of developing oral cancers? There are many factors, but some of the more concerning factors include:
1. Tobacco and Alcohol use: Around 75% of oral cancer cases are developed because of consistent use of tobacco and alcohol.
2. HPV: Infections with the STD human papillomavirus has been linked to oral cancers
3. Age: Oral cancers often occurs in people over the age of 40
4. Sun: Sun exposure can cause cancer on the lips
5. Diet: A low diet of fruits and vegetables can trigger oral cancer
It’s important to detect the early stages of oral cancer to live a healthy life. Contact Dr. McMillan today to book a cancer screening exam today! You can live a cancer free life with a healthy, beautiful smile for years to come!