Wouldn’t you argue a beautiful, healthy smile is the most important feature to nailing an excellent first impression? We would have to agree!
The first step to achieving a dazzling smile is to keep it clean and healthy. It will not only give it that beautiful shine, but it also prevents harmful oral diseases including periodontitis and gingivitis.
Five Spring Cleaning Tips
We came across this article from New Beauty, and they expertly listed five ways you can keep your smile beautiful and “sexy.” To keep your smile radiant and in tip-top shape, make sure you:
- Use an electric toothbrush – Which toothbrush would you rather have? The one that gets 30,000 strokes per minute or the one putting only 100 strokes per minute? The electric toothbrush provides a more effective cleaning by pushing fluid between the teeth and gum line.
- Floss at night – This is crucial to effectively prevent gum disease. New Beauty quotes AACD president Ronald Goodlin about the importance flossing at night:
“During sleep cycles, less saliva is produced to naturally clean teeth and gums, so oral bacteria are free to do more damage. Therefore, it’s important to brush, floss and scrape your tongue every night to get rid of bacteria and go to bed with your mouth as clean as possible.”
- Select the right toothpaste – Just because your toothpaste says “whitening,” it does not mean it will change your smile’s color. Instead, it will remove surface stains. Be careful on making the right toothpaste choice for an effective cleaning. Look for the American Dental Associate seal on your toothpaste, which proves that toothpaste will effectively protect your smile.
- Don’t forget mouthwash – Mouthwash can get rid of the bacteria you missed from brushing and flossing. Plus, it leaves that refreshing feeling!
- Eat foods good for healthy teeth – There are foods that are natural cleansers for your smile. Make sure to add these foods into your daily diet:
Add the extra boost with cosmetic dentistry
While doing at-home maintenance can do wonders for your smile, our cosmetic dentistry can be that extra factor to achieve the smile of your dreams. As a leading Alexandria cosmetic dentist, Dr. Alex McMillan can craft you a brand new smile and all the benefits that come with it.
Our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Teeth whitening
- Gum contouring
Start reaping the benefits of a gorgeous smile. Give us a call today if you wish to take a different direction with your smile, and always remember to follow the “five spring cleaning” tips to continue the dazzle.
Share with us: What do you value most in a smile?