What can hinder your ability to achieve that dazzle in your grin? One factor is age. As if it’s not bad enough that old age already introduces wrinkles and grey hair, teeth can also darken as the years start to add up.
Other smile-dimmers include external factors such as the use of tobacco , along with the consumption of various foods and drinks.
Here are 4 steps you can take to minimize teeth discoloration, and to keep your smile shining proudly:
Skip the Stainers
Just say no! Of course it’s easier said than done, but by dropping the tobacco habit, and learning to avoid unnecessary tooth-super-stainers, your teeth will thank you with a brighter grin.
Most individuals are simply not willing to kick their favorite beverage to the curb. There are, however, simple adjustments that can be made to encourage whiter teeth, and still keep your taste-buds happy.
- Add milk to your black coffee to lighten things up.
- Drink lighter colored teas as opposed to their darker, stain causing counterparts.
- Trade in your glass of red wine for a tasty glass of white.
- Drink beverages such as colas with a straw to limit contact with teeth.
- Avoid unnecessarily swishing the beverage around in your mouth.
Enjoy a delectable dish smothered in tomato sauce, a bowl of juicy blueberries, or a refreshing class of cranberry juice, but take actions to minimize their staining qualities.
- Brush your teeth soon afterwards. Pro tip: Acidic products such as colas soften teeth enamel, so wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth.
- Rinsing your mouth out with water helps remove any stain-causing debris remaining in the mouth, and also helps neutralize the effects of acidic foods and beverages.
- Chewing sugar-free gum stimulates the production of saliva. This helps protect teeth from staining, and limits the development of plaque and bacteria.
Despite our best efforts, the brightness of our smile can diminish over time. Your highly-skilled dentist offers a number of effective options in resolving issues with discolored, stain-riddled teeth.
- Professional teeth whitening in Burke—Dramatically climb the tooth brightening scale in a single treatment.
- Porcelain veneers—Skillfully attached to teeth to resolve smile issues including discoloration and staining.
- Gum contouring – Fix gum abnormalities to complement your smile.
Give the gift of gorgeous, bright smiles by sharing this information with your friends and family. Nothing says I love my smile like an ear-to-ear grin of dazzling pearly whites!
If you were only allowed to drink one other beverage other than water, what would your choice be?