Set your smile apart with phenomenal preventative services.
Learn More About Comprehensive Dentistry at our Burke Dental Office
Comprehensive Dentistry focuses on preventing small issues from becoming bigger problems. Taking great care of your smile not only keeps your oral health in tip-top shape; it also keeps you healthy. Your oral health has a direct impact on your overall health.
Studies have shown gum disease and health issues are directly correlated. If you have gum disease, your chances of heart disease, diabetes, preterm birth, and so much are more likely to increase. At McMillan Sedation Dentistry, we use modern technologies and expert skills to catch and treat small dental issues. We do this by:
What is Comprehensive Dentistry?
Because Dr. McMillan is a leading Northern Virginia dentist who really cares about you, he focuses on what will provide a total and long-lasting solution for each smile.
Nothing is too challenging for us at McMillan Sedation Dentistry, and we’ll show you why.
Make an educated investment in your oral health (and appearance) and find out why comprehensive dentistry makes sense.
Download your free copy of The Complete Guide to Comprehensive Dentistry to learn more.
As I walked out after my crown appointment yesterday, I thought 'easy peasy'. I would never have believed that I would come to that feeling after all my bad experiences with dentistry before. For me it does come down to trust. Trust develops over time. There is no combination of words that will adequately express what you have done in regards to such trust. Blessings to you, Suzie, and Sylvia for all you have done for me.
Kelley B., Actual Patient
Dental Hygiene & Cleaning
Good oral health has a direct impact on your health. Bacteria that accompanies gum disease can compromise your overall health, and most patients aren’t aware they have gum disease until it’s advanced. Dr. McMillan’s team cares about your health and provides careful periodontal disease screenings and oral cancer screening at every appointment.
Scaling & Root Planing
This advanced periodontal procedure removes plaque and calcified plaque deposits from the tooth and root surfaces. This helps infected gum tissue heal and reduces the bacteria which can damage your teeth and gums. Clean, smooth root surfaces are vital for eliminating bacterial pockets and preserving bone and gum tissue.
Root Canals & Crowns
Pain and sensitivity can be the result of an infected tooth. Although traditionally considered painful, Dr. McMillan’s experience and skills allow root canal treatments to be easier and more comfortable for his Burke patients.
Grinding and clenching teeth can cause headaches, cracks, and enamel erosion. Protect yourself by allowing us to fit you with a custom night guard. This will ensure a comfortable fit and protect your teeth from muscle and stress-generated forces.
Healthy gums mean a healthy body; proper treatment is vital for a healthy lifestyle.
We use advanced technology, skills and techniques to provide a long-term approach for maintaining your oral health.
'Love' may be strong for a dental practice, but that comes close to describing how we feel about Dr. McMillan's office. We've been seeing 'Doc' for almost 30 years. We have had numerous procedures; from fillings to root canals, crowns, and even implants. Even after moving an hour away, we still drive to see him when needed.
Gwyn C., Actual Patient
Questions About Comprehensive Dentistry
Get the answers below straight from McMillan Sedation Dentistry.
- What should I look for when choosing a Burke dentist?Choosing a dentist is a very important decision. This person is going to be taking care of your oral health and may even do more complex cases for you, depending on your dental needs. When you’re searching for your Burke dentist, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the dentist have extensive experience in cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry?
- Does the dentist have a Smile Gallery? Do you relate to any of their cases?
- What is the dentist’s member affiliations? Are they credible?
- Does the front office staff take great care of you when they answer the phone?
- Is the dentist thorough and genuine in explaining your oral health?
Asking yourself these type of questions will set yourself up for success in finding the perfect dentist.
- How can I take care of my teeth between hygiene appointments?
- VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you’re brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride – this will help prevent cavities. Bonus tip: Find a toothpaste with the ADA Seal of Acceptance; this proves the toothpaste is effective and will help your oral health.
- Brush your tongue to avoid bad breath.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks.
- Don’t forget to schedule your checkup every six months!
- I have a lot of questions about cavities and fillings.You’re sitting in the dentist’s chair after getting x-rays taken. The dentist comes in for your exam and, while reviewing your x-rays, points to them and says the dreaded words, “Looks like you have a cavity.”
Have you sat through this very scene? If so, you’re not alone because 92% of adults have had cavities in their permanent teeth. However, even though they’re a common ailment, many patients have questions about cavities, their treatment, and prevention.